8th November, 2013
New HOT Stock pick: MEDL Mobile Holdings, Inc. (MEDL: $0.27)
Near term: $0.50 – $1
Long term: $3+
Multiple MEDL Apps have reached #1 in their category on the Apple App Store.List of company’s Mobile Apps for Android and/or iPhone:
Global shipments of smartphones are continuing to increase, growing 45% to hit a record 251 million units in Q3 2013, from 172.8 million units a year ago, according to the latest report from Strategy Analytics. This was the first time ever that smartphone shipments exceeded a quarter-billion units in a single quarter. Smartphones accounted for 6 in 10 of all mobile phones shipped worldwide.
The overall mobile phone market is growing faster than previously forecast thanks to a stronger-than-expected first half of the year driven by strong gains in emerging markets and the sub-$200 smartphone segment. IDC previously projected 5.8% growth for the year. Vendors are now predicting to ship more than 1.8 billion mobile phones this year, growing to over 2.3 billion mobile phones in 2017.
Worldwide smartphone shipments are forecast to grow 40.0% year over year to more than 1.0 billion units this year. High smartphone growth is the result of a variety of factors, including steep device subsidies from carriers, especially in mature economic markets, as well as a growing array of sub-$200 smartphones. Total smartphone shipments are forecast to reach 1.7 billion units in 2017. “Smartphones will represent virtually all of the mobile phone market in many of the world’s most developed economies by the end of 2017″, said Kevin Restivo - Senior Research Analyst with IDC’s Worldwide Mobile Phone Tracker program.
MEDL has led mobile strategy, ideation, development, marketing and monetization for many of the biggest names on the planet – in areas diverse as entertainment, telecom, medicine, education and retail – for such prestigious clients as Hyundai, Taco Bell, Monster.com, The New York Times Company, Medtronic and Telefonica. The Company enters into partnerships to mobilize and monetize IP with such notable names as Encyclopedia Britannica, Real Madrid, Cheech & Chong and Marlee Matlin.
Experienced Professional Management Team:
Andrew Maltin, CEO Andrew has been featured in Entrepreneur, 944, Success, The Wall Street Journal and The LA Times. Prior to founding MEDL Mobile, Mr. Maltin has founded and successfully exited several technology ventures.
Dave Swartz, President Dave has overseen the development and design of hundreds of mobile applications. Prior to MEDL, Dave was a highly awarded ad agency creative director having led creative and strategy for clients in industries such as publishing, banking, multi-unit retail, fast food and healthcare.
Murray Williams, CFO Murray was one of the founding members of Buy.Com, Inc., and was its Chief Financial Officer during a three and a half year tenure in which Buy.com sold over $1 billion in products.
Peter Elkin, COO Peter is the former CFO and Executive Committee Member at NRPI/Auction.com where he helped take the company from $300M to over $3B in annual sales. Prior, he was CFO for a Computer Reseller taking them from $80M to over $300M in annual sales.
Ted Francisco, Brand Integration Ted has led media, account management and strategic planning for clients in the automotive, consumer packaged goods, fast food, healthcare and business-to-business space at worldwide agencies such as TBWA Chiat/Day, FCB, Y&R and Campbell-Ewald.
Jon Orlando, Talent Relations Jon spent his youth with the likes of Jackie Gleason, John Wayne, Jerry Lewis, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and even Elvis Presley. Prior to MEDL, Jon has produced events at The Superbowl, Kentucky Derby, Sundance, SXSW, NCAA Final Four and The Grammys.
Outstanding – 44,405,001 shares of common stock as of last 10Q filing
More than 20 million shares are held between the founders of the company leaving not too large of public float.
Between July 5, 2013 and July 12, 2013, Hang With, Inc. subsidiary raised an aggregate of $1,923,501 from the sale of 1,282,334 shares of Hang With, Inc. common stock to accredited investors in a private placement. As of August 9, 2013, the Company owned 77.42% of the issued and outstanding capital stock of Hang With, Inc.
Capital raise of $2 million from Saudi Arabia’s Alireza Holding Co in series A round puts valuation of about $20 million for Hang With, Inc.
Further capital raise has been happening as seen from recent investment made by Curtis Jackson “50 Cent” which could reduce the ownership of MEDL Mobile in Hang With, Inc., although it should greatly enhance the prospects & valuation going forward as the business grows.
Key client list for MEDL Mobile for its licensing of technology & custom app development business: (http://www.medlmobile.com/studio/clients)
- Advertising Agencies
ISM Strategic Marketing
Iowa State University
Walter Foster Publishing
- Emerging Technologies
Mobile Courtroom Evidence Platform
Telefonica Blue Via
Cheech & Chong
DJ Pauly D
Live Hot Spot NYC
Media Rights Capital
The Nasty A** Honeybadger
Ted from Universal
Publishing and Content Distribution
Los Angeles Duplication & Broadcasting – case study
New York Times Company
- Tele Communications
- Video Game Development
Boxhead: The Zombie Wars
Journey to Real Madrid Pauly D’s Beat Dat Boardwalk
The Nasty A** Honeybadger – case study
The National Rifle Association
MEDL’s patent-pending Mobile Brain is a powerful analytic engine which classifies users according to their Mobile Lifestyle via a Detailed Anonymous Profile (D.A.P.) and learns to make recommendations based on a predictive algorithm.
Hang With, Inc. (Hang W/) subsidiary is an exciting venture with huge potential – Details about it:
MEDL Mobile is the majority owner of “Hang W/” – a global, mobile, social media platform that connects and shares via live-streaming video and will be monetized by fully integrated advertising. The Hang W/ mobile app connects people around the globe through live streaming video and simultaneous chat — allowing hundreds, thousands and eventually millions of users to “hang with” their favorite people in real time. After several years of development efforts the patent pending technology has been rolled out. The platform was released via a private beta in January, 2013, released to the public in March, 2013 and quickly scaled to nearly 2,000,000 broadcasts in its first six months. MEDL is the majority owner of Hang W/ with more than 75% ownership.
- Here’s how Hang W/ works:
1) The Broadcaster launches the app and hits START BROADCASTING.
2) The streaming video feed is compressed and sent to company’s remote, secure cloud server.
3) Anyone following that Broadcaster receives a custom push notification saying the Broadcaster “wants to Hang W/ you.”
4) Followers view an unskippable pre-roll advertisement before viewing the LIVE feed.
5) The Broadcaster is streamed LIVE for three minutes to the Followers – who can chat simultaneously with the Broadcaster and each other.
6) Each session ends with an action oriented, clickable, trackable post-roll banner.Anyone can be a Broadcaster. Anyone can be a Follower.
Broadcasters – Spontaneous or planned broadcasts. Alert followers w/push notification, on Facebook and via Twitter. Chat live with followers. Ability to be private or block followers. Save broadcasts as Private or Public.
Followers – Receive notification when followed broadcasters go live. Can chat live with the broadcaster and other users. Share to Facebook and Twitter. View a broadcasterʼs public archives. “Like” broadcasts.
The opportunities to Hang W/ are endless as it could be used for a lot of exciting things for example:
At an exotic location – Show off new talent – Share exciting news – Talk about Yummy dish you cooked – Share a hot stock pick – Launch of new product – On the red carpet – From a premiere – At a jam session - On location – Warming up / Cooling down - In the break room – Breaking news – At the gym – Backstage – Famous friends – Between takes - In the field - On the field – Going to an event – Free-styling lyrics – On a date – On the road – At the crib – The locker room – With family – Live interviews – Releasing new music – Share your holiday greetings – Before bed, just to say gʼnight.
Hang W/ statistics:
Nearly 2,000,000 Live Broadcasts
More than 11,000,000 User Sessions
Over 285,000,0000 “Hang W/ me” Notifications75+ Celebrities using currently and the list is growing fast - Some of the Key Celebrities using Hang W/ (http://www.hangwith.com/new.php)50 CentCody LindleyJamie KennedyFrank TriggShaun TJudah RichJosh ReddickMarlon ByrdKaskadeKris BensonLil DurkMark BallasJessica SanchezDick Clark ProductionsJordin SparksAli LandryAmy RobbinsCheech & ChongAmy VaughnOcho CincoCatt SadlerChief KeefChris SpencerClaudia JordanChristian ComaCoco CrispTori SpellingDean McDermottMYNCMo GreeneMia St. JohnSoulja BoyMike ChandlerTerrell OwensPrintz BoardTimbalandSara UnderwoodTyson GayShanola HamptonLucy HaleKing LouieSHOWstudioFew of the many exciting recent happenings with Hang With, Inc1) Partnership with Westfield to create Live Mobile Shopping Experience by creating a Shopping Channel on the platformWith more than 453 million consumer visits annually and 47 Westfield Shopping Centers across the United States, Westfield represents a diverse group of shoppers, retailers, events and experiences. The partnership will bring a select group of Hang W/ “Shopping” broadcasters into Westfield locations for special access behind the scenes, at concerts, fashion shows, product releases, sales and other retail events.2) Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson Invests in Hang W/Recently famed music artist, actor and businessman, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, has made an undisclosed financial investment in HangWith, Inc. Concurrent with his investment, Jackson has agreed to use Hang w/ as his exclusive live streaming video interactive mobile platform. Jackson joined the platform in August and has been using it to actively Hang W/ his fans, having created more than 70 broadcasts since signing up about a month ago. In his broadcasts, 50 Cent has released previously unheard music, given sneak peeks of music videos, and brought his fans behind the scenes of his fast paced life. The Grammy-winning artist’s plans for using Hang W/ include producing and releasing the first live-streamed music video on Hang W/.Hang W/ is now available on the Google Play Store:
Hang W/ is now available on the Apple App Store: http://www.hangwith.me/iPhone
Hang W/ promo video is available here:
Learn more at http://www.hangwith.com
17 Key Reasons to Invest:
1) The mobile space is experiencing explosive growth as the number of smart phones in use currently exceeds over 500 million.
2) The number of smart phones shipments are projected to be 1.7 billion by 2017.
3) Total mobile applications to be downloaded by 2014 is projected to be 76.9 billion.
4) Operates in mobile technology which is hottest & fastest growing sector with custom app development for corporate clients
5) Has strong relationships with brands, entertainment industry leaders, bloggers, journalists, digital influencers and developers.
6) Developed a proprietary, patent pending technology.
7) Impressive base of partners and clients.
8) The library of apps and number of downloads is growing.
9) Each end user represents significant lifetime value.
10) Strong experienced management team.
11) Hang W/ mobile app has enormous advertising revenue potential as its usage and popularity grows exponentially given famous celebrities coming on board.
12) Sales expected to rise to $45 million within next 2 years.
13) Ground floor investment opportunity in fast growing mobile technology with company’s core focus now on Hang With, Inc. subsidiary.
14) Hang With, Inc. raised $2 million in Series A round funding closed in July, 2013 from Saudi Arabia’s Alireza Holding Co. which put valuation at $20 million
15) Hang W/ has potential to enjoy similar growth such as YouTube, Twitter or Snapchat.
16) Compared to current market value of Twitter at $23 billion and Snapchat at $3.5 billion, Hang With appears to be promising bet for investors that can visualize the enormous potential in the similar mass broadcasting and sharing arena.
17) Current market capital of about $12 million leaves ample room for capital appreciation as the management executes its strategy to boost sales & generate profits.
In July the company’s Hang With Inc. subsidiary did Series A funding raising $2 million cash from Saudi Arabia’s Alireza Holding Co. which made valuation at $20 million. So current market capital of $12 mln or less makes MEDL very undervalued.
For more information about MEDL Mobile, please visit www.medlmobile.com CEO discussing about company and its prospects: http://www.redchip.com/visibility/conferencePages/virtualconferences/oct2013/virtualmainConference.asp?from=mmbanner#video
- Disclosure: All the information on this report or on this website is believed to be true based on our knowledge. Please use expert financial advice in making any investment decisions. We do currently own a long position in the stock which may change without any further notice. We do not receive any compensation from the management of the company we recommend. We are very selective of our stock pick based on 20+ years of stocks investment experience. Financial markets are very volatile and stock prices varies based on numerous factors. We strongly advice you to do your in depth due deligence on the company. You should seek a professional financial expert advice for investments.